Pavilions Blackburn Lake

Masterplanning 20,500m2 Complete 2020

A Community-Led Approach to Retirement Living

When it comes to luxury retirement living, Pavilions Blackburn Lake is a cut above the rest. An eco-conscious development at its core, the low-line buildings take up a mere 20% of the 4.6-hectare site, with the remaining 80% of the site’s existing bushlands preserved and celebrated.

Each building was designed uniquely, crafted as seven individual pavilions that pay homage to the site’s early beginnings as a campground. The individual identity of the buildings were made to complement each other, while still fitting within the broader masterplan and its distinct visual language.

With creating a sense of community high on the agenda, internal streets within the development activate the shared amenities. The pool, yoga studio, wellness and lifestyle areas and tiered decks (to be delivered in future stages) are set to draw residents across the entirety of the site, encouraging regular movement throughout the vast landscapes.

The village approach is layered, with exclusive access by residents to a business centre, cinema room, culinary spaces and communal piazzas. Integrated within the development is a modern inner-city-style café that welcomes neighbourhood locals with its street-facing entrance, providing a social link between residents and the broader community.

A multi-purpose auditorium will seat 340 people and will double as a community facility that will be open to the public for local events upon its completion.


Property Council of Australia 2023 National Retirement Living Awards

Award for Best Retirement Village Development

Award for Best Luxury Retirement Living Development

The Urban Developer Awards 2023

Award for Development of the Year – Retirement, Aged Care and Seniors Living

Good Design Awards 2023

Award for Excellence in Architectural Design

Photography by: Jaime Diaz-Berrio