Talent keeps the bar set high. Our people have big, ambitious ideas but can be lateral and precise. Sound like you?
Click our latest opportunities below for full details, including how to apply.
Are you a third-year university student looking to get real studio experience while you are still studying? There’s no better place to develop your skills than with the supportive team at Via Architects! A role at VIA will give you unrivalled opportunities to experience the technical side of interior design, work alongside practising architects, interact with real clients, and ultimately help to enhance your employability.
We are passionate professionals with a diverse range of skills and experience, who fuse rigour and knowledge with vision and creativity. The studio delivers work that is considered – architecture that responds to place, purpose and real human need. Our projects are driven by collaboration with clients and each other. Underpinning it all is culture. It is the lifeblood of all we do.
You’ll be a talented student/emerging interior designer, with strong communication skills, a genuine interest in people, and excellent organisational skills. Ideally, you’re a self-starter who takes initiative and is always hungry to learn more.
You will actively uphold VIA values to contribute to our positive team culture, which encompass: collaboration, talent, rigour and creativity.
About the role
The Student Interior Designer is part of the architectural team and provides key support on projects as directed to ensure exceptional service delivery is provided to VIA clients.
- 12-month paid contract; 4 days per week.
- Robust, real-world projects, including designs, mood boards and site inspections.
- Technical, hands-on skill development: Revit, Adobe Suite, SketchUp, Microsoft Office
- Exposure to the latest design trends, current products and industry events
- Opportunity to create professional ongoing relationships with clients and industry colleagues.
- Regular feedback for your development.
- Qualifications: Studying relevant degree majoring in Interior Design.
- Skills and capabilities: Strong communication, client focus, teamwork, planning, time management and organisational skills, attention to detail, self-awareness.
- Eligibility to work in Australia: You must have Australian citizenship, be a permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand or have a valid visa that provides work rights. Via Architects cannot offer assistance with work visas or sponsorship.
How to apply
Applications are now open for a flexible start date.
Please apply by emailing your CV and a cover letter explaining why the role appeals to you.
All eligible applicants will receive an acknowledgement of application via email in the first instance.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in person.
Collaboration brings people together. It creates an environment where different skillsets and experiences can work as one.
We are human first
Having compassion, consideration and understanding of others, extends to the way we behave, towards those we work with and alongside.
We value creativity
From big ambitious ideas to intelligent responses on a micro scale, creative thinking ensures that we are able to devise and deploy new and innovate approaches to our craft.